Sunday, September 20, 2015

Your Presents

Happy Sunday! … again ..

What a great weekend!  Busy, but great!  Friday night we all went out to my favourite restaurant, Vivo, with Craig;s family.  21 of us in all!  His Aunt Ena is in town so we went out to celebrate her 80th birthday … and his Mom's 80th (coming up in October) and his Mom and Dad's 29th wedding anniversary.  It was such a fun night!

Yesterday I spent all day crafting.  I loved it! … although my back is VERY unhappy.  Why does may favourite thing to do KILL my back so much??  Ugh!  I designed 7 or 8 cards during my craft-a-thon … so lots to share in the coming days (time permitting to post, of course!)  Why all the crafting?  I had 4 ladies coming over this morning and I kinda needed some projects for them to make lol.

After crafting I got to spend a few more hours making up the extras I had cut … then dinner and now a little relaxing before the bed0time routine.  As  is aid  busy, but fun!

I wanted to share one of the cards I created.  I can't take all the credit for it as the idea came from a card designed by Mary Fish over at www.stampinpretty.com .  I absolutely LOVE this card.  Check it out:
Freaking LOVE IT!!!

Here is the card of Mary's that caught my eye …
What I love the most is the versatility of this set!  It is "Your Presents" that is in the 2015 Holiday Catalogue.  AS you can see, Mary used it for a Christmas card … I used it for a birthday card.  Mary used the sentiment from the set but there isn't a birthday sentiment so I grabbed my new "Tin of Cards" stamp set for my sentiment.   LOVE LOVE LOVE the thick, dark font of it!
Let's look at the card again, shall we?
So!  On the whisper White card base I used Basic Black for a mat - 5" x 3 3/4" … then another whisper white mat of 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".  This is my favourite sizing for cards that have just a *little* too much dead space on them.  This real draws your eye in.  I stamped both presents on scrap whisper white card stock then cut them out with scissors.  The large present is just taped down the small present is popped up on dimensionals.  Before I added the dimentionals, though, I stamped the black bow (hard to do once it is popped up). Can I just take a moment to say how much a LOVE the new Archival Black Ink???  I DO!  My mind was getting cluttered with all the different kinds of black ink we now have … so I called Stampin' Up! to see what was what.  How is this one different than the Memento Ink?  They are pretty stinkin' close, really.  They can both be used for watercoloring (i.e. won't bleed) but this ink ROCKS because it is a "true" black.  Apparently the Memento Ink is a soft black - this one is a dark black.  I don't know much about much but I do know that THIS BLACK IS DARK BLACK!  Yes - you have to have one.  I've already ordered a second one and will likely order 4 or 5 so I can have one at every station for my Stamp-a-Stacks.  It's that good.  Yup.  It is.

Right …. went off on a bit of a ramble there didn't I??

So!  AFter steaming the delicious black bows and attaching the presents I used a glue to to add a black button to the small present.  As I made up the remaining 8 cards after the class I ran out of black buttons  :(  No worries .. Candy Dots to the rescue! … except I only had two :( …. No worries!  Rhinestones coloured with a black Sharpie to the rescue!  More than ONE way to skin a cat!

Lastly I stamped the sentiment (ARGH I LOOOOOOOVVVVVE that black!!!!), punched it out with the 2" circle punch and popped it up on dimensionals.

Love.  This.  Card.

Any questions???

No?  OK!  Then off you go … relax and have a stampy evening!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment