Sunday, January 3, 2016

Honeycomb Happiness for A Little Bird

Happy Sunday!

Wow.  Last day of Christmas break.  Am I excited?  Yes and no.  Yes I'm very much loping forward to getting backing into some sort of a routine but no, NOT looking forward to lunches, homework and early mornings.  Alas … all good things must come to an end :(

ONE really bright light for this coming week is the start of the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-brations promotion!!!  Yes, we are just days away from packing up the Christmas stamps and getting a whole new batch of Spring and birthday stamps.  Of COURSE I have half of them all ready (thank you pre-order for demonstrators!) and of COURSE I love them all!  I have only just begun to play with them but let me tell ya … I cracked off 9 cards in the last 24 hours. They were quick, easy and FABULOUS!  Wanna see my favourite one so far?  Of COURSE you do!

Drum roll please …..

Ska-WHEEEEEEELLLL! I can't even STAND how stinkin' adorable this little bird is!!!!  It comes fro one of the FREE Sale-a-brations sets "Honeycomb Happiness".  Yes, you can pick this set for free with a $60 order (press s/h/gst).  I wasn't sure what I would do with this little guy but HAD to have the set … and now I'm SO glad I do!  Just LOOK at that little face!  I think this is an ADORABLE baby card!  Yes, it can be used "just because" but you better believe I'm going make a bunch for babies!

So!  How did I create it?  Well … first I grabbed my SAB brochure and started off copying the sample created by Stampin' Up!  The basics are the same - I used two banners -a 2" banner and a 1 1/2 banner (whisper white and Mint Macaron).  The Mint flag was run through the "Arrows" embossing folder for some texture.  I stamped the bird in Archival Black ink then used my aqua painter to colour him Mint Macaron.  No, the aqua painter isn't ideal to use on whisper white card stock.  The paper did buckle a bit when it dried … but I prefer the whiteness odour whisper white to the more vanilla colour of our water-colour paper … so I'm just dealing with the warped paper lol.

You can't from the picture but the beak and feet of our little friend was coloured with another new product "Wink of Stella".  I had never heard of this stuff before but apparently is is available other places.  It's essentially glitter ink in a pen.  Ohhhhhh is it nice!  I used the gold here but there is also a clear that I used on another card(I'll post that one in another post) and it is DELICIOUS!

The sentiment on my bird card is from the same set, Honeycomb Happiness, again stamped in Archival Black.

See the gold thread behind the banners?  Ya - THAT'S new!  Well … new to ME, anyway.  Although he annual catalogue has been in effect since June of 2015 I only just noticed this gold (and there is also a silver) thread.  Well!  Ordered myself up some of THAT little bit of lovely and now I'm addicted to it.  I used it on 3 of my cards yesterday!  To attach the thread I just put a strip of snail adhesive to the back of the banner, cut some thread then stuck it, in circles, to the tape.  To secure the thread I sandwiched it to the card with a piece of Tear n Tape. I popped the banner up on dimensionals and Wa-low!  A key-ute card!  But wait!  What about his little belly???  Ah yes … the belly is another new toy … "honeycomb embellishments".  These are also in the new Occasions Catalogue and are SO fun!  You'll find them on Page 9 of the catalogue.  $6.25 (Canadian) for 12 little honeycomb circles (4 each of three colours).   You get Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron and White.  You can spritz the white one any colour you want with your colour spritzer, making it a mud-have embellishment!

The honeycomb piece DOES make this a hard-to-mail card.  My solution, if mailing, is NOT to actually open up the little ball - mail it with the "ball" closed … the recipient can open it, peel the protective backing off and stick it down.

So …that's it for today.  I plan to spend most of the day in my cave again … LOTS to do before my Open House Friday!  As I mentioned, I have LOTS of projects to share in the coming days so pop in again soon.  In the meantime … have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I like this card. Thanks for sharing.
    Claudia
    PS. You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. I just LOVE this little fella! *lol* Thanks for commenting … and complimenting :)
      Have a stampy day!

      Delete