Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sky is the Limit CASE

Happy Sunday!

Wow, what a great weekend so far!  I am thoroughly enjoying myself, felling relaxed, motivated and happy :)  Why?  Well, nothing out of the ordinary, really.   I've just spent a lot of time with people I love! 

Friday night was my Open House.  Yes, it was a FULL week as I made card samples with all my new toys (MAN I love my job!  Who doesn't like making money by crafting???), Yes, I was going hard from the time my hit the floor until I fell into bed.  Yes, I was still prepping cards 2 hours before people showed up.  Yes, I was ready to drop half an hour before people arrived.  Yes, my back packed it in as I was cleaning up.  Yes …... I LOVED it!  (PS - back pills and sleeping on my heating pad saved my back and I was good as new Saturday morning.)

For those of you who came - THANK YOU!  You have no idea how much your friendships, encouragement and business mean to me.  That you took the time out of your busy schedules to hang with ME and my crazy, makes me all squishy inside.  I also appreciate that you humour me by nodding and smiling at all the appropriate times during my "squirrel" moments and "schpeel"s.  Thanks Friends.  You make my heart smile :)

Saturday was just as fun and fulfilling.  Although I felt like I'd been hit by the UPS truck when my alarm went off at 8:15 am, I chugged two coffees and headed to Tamye Dunbar's house (yes, "THE Tamy Dunbar) for "Diva Day" and I got to spend 3 hours with other great friends and fellow demonstrators making some fab cards (that I didn't have to prep!)   Came home, hung with my peeps for a while then spent a few hours doing paperwork from Friday night.  Rebecca slept over at Mom's so Craig, Alicia and I spent the evening together playing games and watching movies.

Today?  Well … at SOME point I'll put some pants on and take Alicia to the mall to spend her birthday gift certificate from Auntie.  Perhaps a little afternoon kip before Craig treats us to dinner (yes, he cooks too!) then an evening of pre-Monday morning prep (homework, hair, lunches)

See?  It's great being me!  Any wonder why I'm having such a great weekend?  Hope yours is going well too!  If not … escape to your craft cave, get the creative juices flowing and enjoy!

Today I'm sharing one of the many cards I made to show off Friday night.  I can't take credit for it - I CASEd it from the Sale-a-brations Catalogue (CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything in stamping-lingo).  I needed quick, easy and awesome so to the catalogue I headed.  In fact, most of the samples I made were direct CASEs from our catalogues.  They are an AWESOME resource!  Next time you feel like making a card but can't get your mojo going just open the catty and copy!  I guarantee it will start something great.  Often I will START by copying but then I end up on a tangent and come up with something original that looks nothing like what I was copying.  The catalogue is always a great jumping off place, regardless of the final design!

Right!  Enough rambling …. here's the darned card!
Wa-low!  Awesome, yes?  This is one of the cards we are making in class this week.  It uses ONLY the new Sale-a-bration (SAB) set Sky is the Limit.  I wanted to use this set in my January class because it is only available for 6 weeks!  Middle of February it's GONE … forever … so get it while you can!  A minimum order of $60 will get this into your collection.  I love it.  It's great for masculine cards, graduation cards, encouragement … so many options!

So!  I started with a Whisper White base then added a layer of Basic Black measuring 5 1/4" x 4" than a Crumb Cake layer of 5" x 3 3/4".  I first stamped the sentiment (Archival Black, of course!) and the heart.  I then stamped the plane on a scrap piece of Whisper White and cut it out old-school … with my paper snips.  I popped it up with dimensionals for added texture and depth.  Oh!  Before I added it to the card I made a propellor.  Any guesses about what I used for that?  The catalogue sample used a flower punch.  Not me!  I used the "X" that is on the Festive Flower Punch!  I love when I can find alternate uses for my punches.  This one worked perfectly!  I punched two "x" s out of vellum paper and attached it to the plane with a 1/8" mini brad (haven't used THOSE in a while!!)

For the clouds I grabbed my Tree Builder Punch.  I punched 1 from Vellum, 1 from Whisper White and 1 from the DELICIOUS Perfectly Artistic DSP.   That is another SAB item … and another item that is only available for a limited time.  Yes, like the Sky is the Limit set, mid Feb the paper will be gone.  Two new items WILL be added to the SAB offerings but those two will be done :(

For the finishing touch I added some Basic Black Baker's Twine and I was done.  BAM!  Took about 6 minutes from start to finish!  Oh!  Forgot - I rounded the corners of the top two layers with my Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.

BAM!  NOW I'm done *lol*

So that's my long winded post from today (it's not my fault - I spent all weekend yacking with friends - hard to stop once I get going!!  you're used to it though, right?  Part of my charm, no?  *lol*  OK ok - enough blathering on.  I'm off to start the day.  Whatever you get up to I hope you get some "you" time in … and have a stampy day :)

xoxox


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment