Monday, February 29, 2016

Colouring with Eyeshadow - Pyramid Pals Easter Lamb

Happy Monday!

Well I was a LITTLE too ambitious in thinking I would get much done yesterday, let alone craft.  I spent the better part of 4 hours logging my 564 pictures … and uploading about 300 more to print.  Ugh.  What a Gong Show.  Who knew I took that many picture since July??  I guess they add up - a few hundred on our Hawaii vacation and then birthday, Christmas, back-to-school, Halloween and LOTS of animal pictures.  Thank God for Project Life!  Once I get eh next batch back from Costco it shouldn't take TOOOOO long to slap 'em in albums!

I didn't get to my Craft Cave - I wanted to try colouring white embossed images with my eyeshadows … maybe today.  In the meantime here is what started my eyeshadow obsession … I colored these adorable little Easter treats with them.  Check it out!

Aren't they sweet?  They really were faster to put together than I expected.  I started by making the triangle boxes with the Pyramid Pals framelits.  I'm always happy when I get use out of some the bigger ticket items I buy!  Top tips for putting the boxes together …
  • Once you have the pieces cut out, fold on the score lines IN - by that I mean fold INTO the scored crack - not away from it.  If you fold away the paper often cracks and/or cuts right through, wrecking the project.  When you fold IN to the crack the integrity of the paper isn't compromised and all is well!
  • Use Fast Fuse to tape the bottom of the box together
  • Use Tear n Tape on the one side
  • Once the box is filled with your treats use 2 glue dots to close the box.  This will hold the treats in but allow the recipient to get the treats OUT without destroying the box
  • You're welcome :)

Here are some pics of what I meant about folding INTO the crack ..

Right. Now that the box is made, on to the fun part - decorating it!

I stamped the wee lamb on Whisper White using Archival Black ink and punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I then grabbed my shimmery eyeshadow that I purchased at Dollar Tree for just this purpose (honestly - I don't wear glue, pink and/or chartreuse eyeshadow - haven't since I was 15! lol)

I simply used the REALLY cheap applicator brush that came with the eyeshadow to rub the colour on the lamb.  So easy!

 I used a 3/4" x 3" strip of Wild Wasabi card stock, snipped it with my Fringe Scissors, attached it with more Tear n Tape then went to work on the sentiment.  I found the perfect Easter Wishes stamp in a retired Hostess Set "Something to Celebrate".  Stamped it in Archival Black and punched it out with the small oval punch.  I attached it with dimesionals.

Oh!  What did I put inside them?  25 Smarties.  What did I put them in?  Little teeny ziploc bags I bought at Dollarama.  They fit perfectly!

Whilst I designed these for Easter Treats wouldn't they be SO cute to use as name-card holders for your Easter Table?  Just write each person's name on the oval in place of the sentiment.  So cute!

Hope I inspired some Easter fun!  Pop back soon to see if I ever get around to colouring my embossed images with my eyeshadow.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment