Monday, February 15, 2016

Flowering Fields and What I Love Thank You Notes

Happy Monday!

What a FAB day I had yesterday!!  Not EVERYONE would say that when they had a house full of other people's kids but I had the BEST group of little crafters EVER!

My 10 year old, Alicia, and her friends are totally into "Journey Girls" - like the "American Dolls" - they are 18" dolls that they just LOVE!  Long story short we had her friends come over to make accessories for their little dolls.  It was a RIOT!  They were SOOOOO quiet and well behaved!  They just crafted for 3 hours without a peep … and came up with the cutest little items!  Sure, it helped that I have most of a Michaels store in my Craft Cave and helped them brain storm on a few things but I left them to it (HUGE for a recovering control freak like me!) and they ran with it.  Check out some of the stuff they made …

 They designed shopping bags, coffee cups, popcorn buckets, Jiffy Pop popcorn, popsicles, cotton candy, cupcakes, notebooks, paintbrushes, sandals and who knows what else when I wasn't looking!  THIS is why I have a craft cave.  Whatever they needed I had.  Soooooo fun!

So that was my Sunday.  Today is a holiday in most provinces - Family Day.  Day off for everyone - wa hoo!  More crafting in my future … of the paper-crafting variety!

I managed to get some crafting in Thursday night.  I didn't have the time or energy to do it but I MADE the time, because it was important.  I wanted to give two of the nurses that looked after my dad a little pack of Thank You cards.  They were just SO sweet and caring and really went above and beyond their "jobs".  Mom and I were SO appreciative so after I got home, had dinner, tidied up etc etc etc I headed to the craft cave.  I needed to finish the teachers' Valentines and then … around 7:00 pm I decided I just HAD to make some notecards.  It took me about half an hour to settle down and create anything I liked.  In fact I had NO juices flowing so I headed to my binder of cards I've made (yes, I have a copy of every single one I have ever made *lol*) and ended up CASEing something I made years ago.  It was SO quick and easy.  After 2 hours I had 18 notecards and envelopes ready and packaged up to give away.  I absolutely love how they turned out … and will be offering it as a class very soon.  Check them out ...


First I grabbed my Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes.  If you don't have at LEAST 2 packs of these in your stash at any one time hang your head in shame.  They are a MUST for any self-respecting crafter.  Seriously.  Get some!  You get 20 in a pack for $7.95 (Canadian).  Can't beat that deal with a stick, as Dad would say.

I cut a 3" x 3" piece of Lost Lagoon paper and a 2 3/4" x 2 3/" piece of Whisper white.  I stamped the flower from Flowering Fields FREE Sale-a-brations set in Black Archival Ink (or Memento - both work).  I then grabbed my aqua painter and simply picked up some ink from the lid and scribbled the colour over the image.  It does NOT get any easier than that!!

For a little added touch I used 16" of silver thread attached to the back, stamped the sentiment from the What I Love FREE SAB set in black, popped the image up on dimensionals and wa-LOW!  Done!
Grabbed my SU guested bags, put the cards inside, grabbed the tags I pre-made last week (sooooo glad I did THAT!) and BAM!  Done and ready to roll.  Quick was the name of the game as I needed to leave bright and early to ice Dad up at the hospital across town.  These little gifts made me SOOOO happy.  The nurses weren't on shift Friday morning but we left them with a nice card signed by Dad.

Nope - I really didn't have a lot of time to do this but luckily SU makes quick and easy cards EASY in a pinch.  Little thank you gifts are SUCH a joy to give and really DO matter.  People don't say Thank You nearly enough these days.  We're happy to complain about bad service etc but just do't make the time to be grateful for the little things.  Be grateful.  Be generous.  Be kind.  Give little gifts from the heart.  They DO make a difference.

Whatever you get up to today I hope you have a super stampy day.  Off I go to spend some quality family time with the people I love most in the world.  xoxo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment