Friday, May 20, 2016

Swirly Bird CASE

Happy Friday!

Wow … I TOTALLY don't know what to do with myself today!  Craig has the day off work … and it's raining.  That means he's stuck inside … that means CLEANING!  Yes, my husband is a woman's DREAM when it comes to chores.  I swear, the man does more housework than I do!  It wasn't 8:30 am and he was already steam cleaning the basement carpet!  Now don't get me wrong - I'm NOT complaining … just stating that when there is a man in the house where there usually isn't one it throws a woman's natural rhythm of her day off just a bit!  We can't let them see what we actually DO in a day, right??  *lol*  He threw my schedule off even further by walking the dog for me!  Now THAT was great in that it was pouring rain out … and I really wasn't eager to do it.  What that meant (to my schedule) was things were totally out the window and  was left floundering with what to do with all this free time I had on my hands!  I did some paperwork, sent a few emails, did my usual upstairs organize/tidy.  Figured I'd had a full day already and it was only 10:24 am!  LMAO.  Good problem to have, right?

Well … with wet carpets and all my chores taken care of before 11:00 am there was only one thing left to do … HIT THE CRAFT CAVE!  WA-HOO!

I went down for a few hours last night for a little light "putzing".  I pulled all my retiring In Color toys (*sniff* - my favourite batch of In colour stuff EVER!) … used my label maker to label my finger daubers … put the stickers on the new In Color ink pads … labelled all my new 2016 catalogues …  Having done all that I got to just PLAY this morning!

I can't take credit for this little beauty - it's a total CASE from the all new 2016 catalogue.  No need to reinvent the wheel … this card is perfectly delicious just as it is!  Check it out …
Wow.  Love love love love LOVE it!  The only thing I changed from the picture in the catalogue is a) they embossed the little splotches in gold embossing powder and b) they used a different "thank you" sentiment and banner.  The rest is identical.  LOVE!

I can't show you pictures of all the toys I used (forbidden until June 1) … but I can tell you about it!

I used a whisper white base and a layer measuring 5" x 3 3/4"
I sued a new stamp set and Framelit combo called "Swirly Bird", the framelits are called Swirly Scribbles.  They are on pages 152 and 194 of the catalogue when you get it.  They are bundled to save money if you buy them together at 10% off - so $59.25 (Canadian) - plus s/h/gst.  Not cheap but a GREAT investment.  This set/framelit combo has LOTS of options, including birthday, mother's day, baby cards, thank you … the list goes on and on.  You can make little bird in a nest, a sailboat on water … it's one to get - VERY versatile!
I used another new bundle for the Thank You sentiment and banner - page 73 and 186 of the new catalogue - stamp set is called Thoughtful Banners and there is a coordinating Banner Duo punch.  Again, bundled at 10% off for a togal of $44.50.  Just about every greeting/sentiment you can think if is covered in this set and because the set is photopolymer you can bend the sentiment to curve with the banner, like I did with the Thank You above.  The stamp is straight, but when you mount it in the block you just bend it to the shape you want it.  Brilliant!

The colours I used were Watermelon Wonder, Daffodil Delight and (new) Peekaboo Peach.
I stamped the background swirls into the ink pad and then "stamped off" on scrap paper before stamping on my layer.  The peach swirl has a second, "full strength" peace image stamped on top of the background splotch.
I used the thinlits (along with my precision plate and Big Shot Brush) for the swirls in Daffodil and Watermelon.  I used my fine tip glue pen to attach them to the card.  There are some subtle splotches stamped as well - those are in Sahara Sand ink

I stamped the banner in Pear Pizzazz (as well as the leaves) and punched the banner out with the Banner Duo punch.  I stamped the Thank You in Basic Black.  I popped the banner up on dimensionals.

For the finishing touch I added some gold sequins, using glue dots (I also used glue dots to attach the leaves.

This card is a little more high-maintenance than I like … but I had the time … and I absolutely LOVE the final product!  Im trying to decide if I want to make 25 of them for my club gal treats or not.  I mean one was fun but I might want to sell the set if I make 25 of them *lol*.  Hmmmmm - we'll see …. I DO love my gals ….

Right - while I ponder that I'll let you go.  Whatever you get up to today I hope it's a stampy one!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment