Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pet Sympathy with Bella and Friends

Happy Wednesday!

Having a great day today!  New hair (well, less grey anyway!), lunch date with my husband, a little shopping … doesn't get much better than THAT, now, does it??

Sadly yesterday wasn't quite as good of a day.  I needed to make not one, not two but THREE pet sympathy cards :(  It's SO sad when someone loses their furry baby.  My heart goes out to Elaine and her family, Kerri Anne and our neighbour (… don't know their name or their lovely German Shepherd's name but SUCH a well trained, lovely dog … and Koda's friend).

I wanted to make pet sympathy cards using my new set Bella and Friends.  This is what I came up with …
I just LOVE how it turned out … and my hope is that it makes the recipients smile and forget their broken hearts for a few minutes.

I started with a standard 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" Whisper White base - and cut a 3 3/4" x 5" layer.  I stamped the Bella image with Memento Black Ink.  LOVE this set …
 There is an adorable cat set, called Pretty Kitty that will be on my NEXT SU order- so cute!!
 I coloured the balloon and puppy with a blender pen.  The balloon is Real Red (yes, I did wear a bit of a hole in the paper by over-working it so be careful!)  The puppy is Sahara Sand … and his collar is Bermuda Bay (I also did a red collar version).

I stamped the sentiment in black Memento ink using a retired stamp set I LOVE called "So Sorry".  It is a GREAT sympathy set!

The … was made using three rhinestones and then colouring them black with a Sharpie.  LOVE that you can get any colour jewel you want just by grabbing your Sharpies!

For the clouds I used another new toy - the Umbrella Weather framelits.
You can purchase JUST the framelits, just the coordinating set (Weather Together) ...
 .. or you can save 10% when you purchase the two together ($53 CDN for the bundle) ...
 I popped the three clouds, and the wiser white layer up on dimensionsals, coloured the clouds with my clear Wink-of-Stella pen and Wa-low!  A very cute little card.

Whilst I'm sad I have to SEND a card I'm happy with the card I have to send.
That's it for today.  Think I'll head down to the craft cave to assemble my last ten Botanical Mini Cups. Thanks for popping in and I hope you have a stampy day!


Tam

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Tamara... I am sure that the recipients will have a smile amongst their anguish with this one.... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda. I gave one to my friend today and yes, she smiled :) Her family had rescued Bailey from a bad life and made it a doggie's dream - all the comforts of a very loving home. They were so sad to have to say goodbye but know his last few years were very happy :)
      Thank you so much for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. A sweet read above, Tamara! I love your card and yes, despite the need, it's adorable. I am sitting to case it now for my own need, today, and am delighted by your "original!" TFS! xo

    ReplyDelete