Thursday, August 11, 2016

Birthday Shaker Card

Happy Thursday!

Don't you love when you check a blog every day and there is a new project every day??  I do! … but as you know it's pretty hit-or-miss on MY blog as to whether or not that happens.  Lately it's a hit! *lol*

Today's share is a super quick birthday shaker card ….
I started with a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of water-colour paper.  I sprayed it with water to make it nice and wet and then I used m aqua painter and reinkers to add Pear Pizzazz, Peekaboo Peach and Watermelon Wonder splotches of colour.  I used my heat tool to speed up the drying of the paper and, once it was dry, I ran it though the Big Shot with my large oval Framelit to cut an oval in the centre.  Once the oval was cut I ran t through the Big Shot again with the Confetti embossing folder to get the fun imprint.

**  It's important to cut the oval first THEN use the embossing folder.  If you do the EF first and then the oval the embossed images get squished and aren't as obvious.

I taped a piece of window sheet behind the oval hole.  I then used my new "Foam Adhesive Strips" around the oval, making sure not to leave any gaps.
It's GREAT that we finally have these foam strips.  They make shaker cards SO much easier to put together!

Once the foam was in place  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Stylized Birthday) …



… grabbed a bunch of my sequins, put a small pile on top of the sentiment and attached the top embossed/window sheet layer.

I then added some dimensionals for extra support.

Quick, easy and fun to play with!  Give a shaker card a try  - they're so fun!

That's it for today.  Pop in again tomorrow :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment