Monday, August 8, 2016

Flourish CASE

Happy Monday!

Well!  EPIC weekend of card making!  With nothing on the calendar and the chores done it was hours and hours of crafting.   Wa-hoo!

I'm having my 2016 Holiday Catalogue Launch and Open House Sept 9th and my mission is to create at least one project using every stamp set (that I purchased) in the Annual Catalogue AND every set (that I purchased) in the Holiday Catalogue.  Given that I'm on vacation between now and then I needed to get my butt in gear.  It was so much fun!  I really can crack them off when I don't have time to over think things!  When I get "stuck" I turn to Pinterest or, better yet, the catalogues themselves for ideas.  This card is a result of just that.  I turned to the Annual Catalogue, found a beautiful sample made by the Stampin' Up! Design Team and then tweaked it a little to make it my own.  Here is the card SU has in the catalogue …
As this card appears to be a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card I wanted to resize it to a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card. Here is my version …
I love love LOVE it!  Neutrals really are my favourite colour palette.  I just find it so striking!

I used a 1 1/4" piece of Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack paper.  This stuff is a MUST have!  Stay tuned for a swack of fabulous samples using that paper.  Can you say ridiculously fast and easy??  You will!
A strip of Basic Black 1" x 5 1/4" is layered behind.

Next is a doily, a Crumb Cake Flourish from the flourish thinlits (yes, slightly addicted to the flourishes lately … ALMOST done with them *lol*)
I glued the flourish down with the fine tip glue pen (a MUST have adhesive for these intricate pieces).  A small strip of Pop Of Pink Washi tape is on top of the flourish …
… and a banner from Banners For You ...

 (Save 10% when you buy the bundle) ...
...  I stamped the banner itself in Crumb cake, the sentiment in Basic Black.  Punched it out and popped it up on dimensionals and BAM!  A beautiful card that fits almost any occasion.  Love!  Think this one will have to be made at my next class!

That's it for now.  Pop in again soon to see the rest of the samples I made.  Until then, have a stampy Monday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment