Friday, September 16, 2016

Totally Trees for Fall

Happy Friday!

More classes tonight … and THIS is one of the cards we will be making ...
I love love love love LOVE this card for my fall birthday!  I seriously could look and touch it over and over and over.

The base us made using the Cable Knit Embossing Folder …
A top tip for using this folder … spritz your paper with a little water before running it through the Big Shot.  It will relax the fibres of the paper a little so get a deeper embossed image.  You also only need to use ONE of the clear acrylic pads.  This folder is SO THICK that you only need one plate!

Back to our card ..
Oh … a little aside.  When I was doing my Research and Development last week (well … ok … when I was on Pinterest …) I came across THIS card ...
I thought it was a quick, fun layout and planned to CASE it for my Stamp-a-Stack on Sunday.  Ya … let's review how mine looks …
*lol*  Funny how what you set OUT to do rarely looks anything like the end result, right?  *lol*

For my car I used Soft Suede for the trees and then Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Cajun Craze for the leaves.  The Sentiment is from Birthday Blossoms …
… in Soft Suede.  I added leaves of the same colour that were punched out using the Tree Builder Punch …
… and attached with glue dots …
I used some Vanilla Thick Bakers Twine to tie around the layer, popped the layer up on dimensionals and BAM!  One awesome birthday card for fall birthdays!
Whatever you get up to today I hope you get some crafting in … and have a stampy time :)


Tam

2 comments: