Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sugar Plum Snowflakes

Happy Sunday!

I know, I know, I've been MIA for QUITE a while this month!  Not surprising to me.  Every year it's like a starting pistol is fired September 1st and it's a sprint to November 2nd.  IF I make it I take  10 minute break and then speed walk to December 26th.  Yes, the second and third weeks of October traditionally find me hanging on by my fingertips PRAYING it all gets done … and it does :)

The last week + has had a lot of "unscheduled" things come up.  I had some sort of chest virus for over a week …. then Rebecca had an infection in her earring tract (which needed surgical draining (*blech*!) … followed by HER then getting a cold/chest virus (resulting in WAY too many days off, doctors appointments, meds and stress!) and now Alicia has the flu.  Add in the *joy* that is Halloween costume prep (kill me now!), field trips, volunteering at the senior home, passport renewals, stamp classes on top of all the OTHER Mom "stuff" (like keeping them in clean underwear and somewhat fed!) and … well …. you get the idea.

Such is the life of a Mom in 2016, right?  On the bright side I'm learning to roll with the punches a little better as each year passes … still a ways to go, though!

So I really hart been in the Craft Cave to create for FUN for well over a week!  The other day I announced I was "going down" or SOMEONE wasn't going to make it to the weekend alive!  Luckily for everyone involved I created … and they were all safe for another day!

Here is what I came up with ...
This picture REALLY doesn't do it justice.  In "person" I think it's pretty stinkin' awesome!  The Whisper White (which looks vanilla here) really pops against the Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry inks!

I have my standard Whisper White base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2").  The Razzleberry layer is 5" x 3 3/4" and the top White layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".

First I stamped the sentiment from Flurry of Wishes in Razzleberry ...

I then stamped the big snowflakes from Tin of Tags in Sweet Sugarplum …
The tiny snowflakes in Razzleberry are from Greeting from Santa ...

I needed a little interest, dimension and texture so I wanted to pop one of the snowflakes up.  I figured I would use a circle punch … but then I realized I could use the Flower Medallion punch would work PERFECTLY for it! ...
I finished it off with three rhinestones for a little bling.  Wa-low!  A quick, pretty card … and my first of five for my November Christmas Stamp-a-Stack session.  Woo hoo!
So that's been MY life updated for the last few weeks.  Today's entertainment involves finishing Halloween costumes, pumpkin carving, sick-child-nursing, homework finishing and whatever comes my way.  Hmmmm, thinking I should hit The Cave while the rest of the household is sleeping.  Likely the only chance I'll get today!

Whatever YOU get up to I hope you have a stampy time!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment