Monday, May 29, 2017

Packing Tape and Glitter Tutorial

Happy Monday!

I've been meaning to post for a few days now but classes and nice weather got in the way!  

I was going to wait until after my June Technique Classes to post these two projects but I just couldn't wait to!  

I was trolling through Pinterest the other day and I stumbled across a technique that I have never seen (how can that BE??  I've been doing this for over 11 years and never seen this???  Sheesh!)

It was a technique done by fellow demo Connie Stewart over at simplysimplestamping.com

Connie called it the Packing Tape Glitter Technique ... makes sense ... since you use packing tape and glitter!

Check out my cards!


I love them BOTH!  I'm not sure which one I like better!  I love the clean, fresh Fresh Fig-ness of the silver glitter card ... but I'm drawn to the soothing Just Breathe card.  It's says "zen" to me ... love it!

Same technique, different thinlits, paper and glitter.

Start with a card layer (I used 4 3/4 x 3 1/2") and cut an image out using whatever thinlits you fancy (I used the Eastern Palace thinlits)

Oops - picture is sideways.  Sorry;  Turn your head *lol*
Next grab some packing tape.  Yes, I imagine you can use scotch tape too but I had this Elmer's packing tape in my Craft Cave (Dollarama - $1.50, I think) ...
Turn your punched base over to the back side and cover the design with the packing tape.  It doesn't matter if/that the tape will need to overlap.  The seam will be covered with glitter and won't show ...
Next turn the card over - the sticky tape side will now be face up.   Grab the glitter of your choice and cover the cut-out liberally. Use your finger to really push that glitter into the tape.  Yes, you will have sparkles on you afterwards!
Tip the excess glitter back into the glitter container and wa-low!  Ooooooo ... ahhhhhhhh .... sparkly!!!

Finished your card as desired and done!

I used a Fresh Fig layer of 5" x 3 3/4" and some Fresh Fig ribbon ... and sentiment from Eastern Palace
This one used the sentiment from Colorful Seasons (I think that's the name!) and different thinlits from the Eastern Palace bundle.  Such a different look by just changing the two inside thinlits!

I embossed the sentiment in gold and added a few gold sequins.  Done!

There are SO many things you can do with this technique!  Us the butterflies, the dragonflies, and of the shapes .. any glitter!  Who doesn't have a stash of EVERY color SU sold in the past ... and maybe a few sleeves of "other" brand glitters???   I have to admit I have LOADS of glitter from my Christmas Glitter Ball Ornament days many years ago.  Can't WAIT to use some of them on the dragonfly thinlits!!!

That's it for today - I should go wrap up my email about my Ribbon Share.  I spend a few hours this afternoon crunching the numbers but it's not going to do anyone any good if I don't send the darned email OUT!

Hope you have a stampy night!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on paper packing tape

    ReplyDelete