Monday, July 3, 2017

Country Living CASE

Happy Monday!

Long weekend up here in the Great White North since Canada Day fell on the weekend.  Yay for Craig not having to go to work!  (which also means another day of me not having to cook dinner!)

As promised, today I'm sharing a second sympathy card that my friend needed.  I had shown her a few ideas when she said "do you happen to have anything with cowboys boots or hats".  Off to the internet I went and found a lovely card made by fellow demonstrator Jackie Beers over at jackiebeers.com ...
An hour later this is what I had ...
My friend loved it!  ... but also had one more request.  "Do you have a stamp that says Wild and Free?  We just left the funeral and they kept referring to *her* as being wild and free".  I DIDN'T ... but I just HAD to give her the perfect card for such a sad occasion.  Off to my computer I went and 3 minutes later this is what I had ...
NAILED it!  I freaking LOVE this card!

It's obviously a CASE from Jackie's card but Jackie's is a 4" x 4" and it just didn't look big enough for a sympathy card.  I made it a standard size and followed Jackie's colors for the shading of the boots.  You can see her instructions HERE.  I added a Sahara Sand layer of 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" that I stamped in Crumb Cake with the Hardwood stamp.  My boots were on a Very Vanilla square measuring 3" wide x 3 1/2" long.  I used a thicker, non-stamping up twine.  I like the heavier look.  The banner is a 1/2" wide vanilla strip that I flag ended with my paper snips.  A Soft Suede Candy dot finished it off.

LOVE!

That's it for today.  Pop in again soon ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment