Sunday, August 27, 2017

Winter Wonder Simplicity

Happy Sunday!

Jut a clean, simple, quick one today.  It's BEAUTIFUL out and I have an urge to be outside!  Fall is my FAVE!

Last night I was in my Crave Cave ... AGAIN ... alas - my mojo was gone :(  I was sad ... but not surprised.  I have made SO many cards this week ... and then I was "done".  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  I played with my Glossy White card stock for an hour or two trying to make a Northern Lights card.  It was crap.  I moved on.  Eventually I spied my new Winter Wonder embossing folder and managed to come up with this little cutie ...
OK, so it's not very intricate or fancy.  No layers or crazy embellishments but SOMETIMES that's just what we need.  Quick and easy!  This one will be great for my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack!

The snowflake is embossed right on the card base.  Remember to spritz your paper with water to soften the fibres of the paper before running it through the Big Shot.  This will help prevent the paper from cracking or buckling.

Once I had the snowflake I wanted a clean, simple sentiment.  I went through my retired framelits and came up with the "Merry"(from "Expressions" framelits).  I didn't relish the thought of having to attach the sentiment with my fine tip glue pen.  Although that glue works very well (and I use a LOT of it) I still tend to put too much on and it oozes out from behind the sentiment every time.  AHA!  Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to the rescue!
You get 12 sheets of 6" x 12" of adhesive loveliness for only $13.50 Canadian (plus s/h/gst).  This stuff makes your die cut an instant sticker!

You simply peel the printed top off the sheet, stick it to the back of the card stock you want then run your die and card stock through the Big Shot.  Your piece will come out as a sticker!  It's fanTASTIC and I will be using it a LOT this crafting season on all my snowflake and intricate die pieces!!

I finished the card off with large and mini gold sequins.  The large ones were attached with glue dots, the small ones with fine tip glue.  Yes... attaching those small ones is a REAL pain in the tucas but I love using different sizes for added interest ... and since the rest of the card is so quick and painless a LITTLE pain is acceptable.

That's it for today!  Get out there, enjoy the fall loveliness and have a SUPER stampy day!!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this! Clean and sharp yet still festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the clean look too!
      Thanks for commenting. Have a stampy day!

      Delete