Sunday, March 11, 2018

Bubbles and Fizz Easter Treats

Happy Sunday ... ?

... hmmm happy?  I needed to think about that for a minute but yes, it is a happy Sunday.

The last two days have sucked.

Sucked HARD.

Today is a bit better - for that I'm grateful ... and happy :)

As you may have "heard", my very dear friend, and Stampin' Up! "upline", Tamye Dunbar, passed away Friday morning.

The news rocked my world, and the world of so many who knew and loved her.  I'm still very numb and the reality of the situation truly hasn't set in.  I'm in "do" mode.  What do we do to prepare for the next week ... and the next month.  What needs to be "done" to help her family and her friends to heal.  What needs to be "done" for her business and her team.  What do we DO?

Truth is, at this point, I have no idea what to do ... but I do know that I slept last night, for the first time in a week ... and that will help me cope a little better today.  I'm hoping that will help me focus a little better, smile a little more and be more patient and gentle ... both with my family and myself. 

So today IS a happy Sunday and I wanted to share a project with you that makes me happy ... these little Easter treats.  Check them out ...


They are SO cute!!  I take zero credit for these little cuties, as I CASEd them from Jen over at www.worldofjencraft.com

The star of the show is the AWESOME Bubbles & Fizz Designer Paper (one of the free paper options during the Sale-a-brations promotion this year - free with a minimum $60 CDN purchase) and the adorable little stamp set A Good Day ($25 CDN clear; $36 CDN wood)

This set coordinates with the two NEW punches in the 2018 Occasions Catalogue, the 1 1/8" and 1 3/8" scalloped circle punches, $21.50 CDN each ...


Jen does a great job of showing how these are made.  Check out her video!
The boxes are only 2" x 2" big, so they don't hole much - I put in 4 little Starburst fruit chews ... or it holds about 4 Hershey's Kisses ... but the treat really is the BOX, not what's inside it!

Today I will be spending time with friends ... and spending some time in my "happy place", crafting.  I need the quiet escape to help me heal.  Time to quietly reflect on my friend, our friendship, all the laughs we had together.  I will think of her and I will be happy for having the chance to have had her in my life for a short time.

Whatever you get up to today, I hope it makes you happy :)



Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment