Monday, April 30, 2018

Picture Perfect Fun!

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a lovely day and managed to get outside for some LOVELY spring weather!  I did!  I'm back to my longer route with Koda.  We have 4 different routes ... we are now up to our 3rd longest.  The final one will start next week - a sure sign that warmer weather is on the horizon!

Tonight I'm share the cards we made Friday night at my Picture Perfect Birthday "product included" class.  This is the first product included class I've had.  It won't be my last!  Stampers came and made 8 cards and they got a Picture Perfect stamp set to take home.  It was a great value and a great class!

In usual Tamara style I was still designing the last card at noon on Friday but I just love how they all turned out.  Lookie:
I can't believe I made so many quick and easy cards ... and I like them!  Normally I need to have lots of layers or over-think everything for HOURS ... but I started designing Thursday night at 7:10 pm and I guess I just didn't have TIME to overthink things.  Hmmmm .... maybe I need to try that EVERY class!  *lol* ... na ... that was flying a LITTLE too close to the sun, even for me! *lol*

So let's look at the cards a little closer, shall we??

This one was ridiculously quick and easy:
I used up the last of my Peekaboo Peach card stock, ran it through the Striped Embossing Folder (**tip - spritz your paper with a fine mist of water before running it through the Big Shot.  The water helps break down the paper fibres a bit and reduces the risk of your paper cutting/tearing with such a deep embossed image).

I cut a 2" x 5 1/2" strip of the Picture Perfect DSP and punched the end with the Triple Banner Punch.  I stamped the sentiment in Archival Black ink (retiring!) and cut it out with an oval framelit.  I used 4 card-lengths of the Bermuda Bay Sale-a-bration ribbon and added three Perfect White Accents (retiring).  The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.  Bam!  Done!
This one was easy too!  White card base, Berry Burst strip of 1 3/4" x 5 1/2", Picture Perfect DSP strip of 1 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I tied some Soft Sky ribbon around the pieces.  I cut a whisper white piece of 3" x 4" and a Berry Burst of 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".  The sentiment is from Birthday Wit, stamped using my stamparatus in Berry Burst.  (*** if you haven't seen my Facebook video showing you how to do this you MUST!  I give you an AWESOME tip on using your ink spots ... and finger daubers ... and you get to hear me crash into my light ... good times!  Head to Facebook and search for Tamara's Paper Trail.  Like the page and follow me ... and "get notifications".  I post on FB ALL the time with lots of projects and tips!).  I popped the layers up on dimensionals.  BAM!  Done!
This one reminds me of cards I made when I very first started stamping.  Whisper White layer, spritzed with water and run through the Starburst embossing folder.   The black layer is 2 1/4" x 5 1/2" and the white layer is 2" x 5 1/2".  I stamped the candles in Bermuda Bay, the flames in Lemon Lime Twist and the sentiment in Archival Black.  I tied some chevron Bermuda Bay ribbon around it, popped it up on dimensionals, added some rhinestones and used my Wink of Stella on the flames.  BAM!  Done!

This last one is my super favorite!  I just LOVE the layout!!!
A 1" x 4 1/2" strip of Berry burst.  a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Basic Black.  A 3" x 3" piece of Picture Perfect DSP.  A scalloped Oval Basic Black piece (from the framelits).  The senitment is stamped in Archival Black and punched out with the Stitched Oval framelit.  the snetiment is popped up on dimensonals and 3 rhinestones add some bling.  BAM!  Done!  I will DEFINITELY be using this layout again.  there's just something about it I love!!

So there you have it - my Friday night class with a great stamp set .. that just HAPPENS to be carrying over to the new catalogue!  I'm glad!  Too bad the designer paper isn't - that stuff is the BOMB! ... and I just might have to stock up and hoard a bunch of it for the future!

That's it for tonight.  I HAVE to get to my cave to act on an idea I have for a class that will work great for Teacher's Gifts or a Mother's Day gift.  Stay tuned for that ... and have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment